The memorial is dedicated to Confederate dead and consists of a bronze plaque attached to a lectern shaped block of granite standing several feet tall. The plaque, in addition to the inscription, is adorned with a Southern Cross of Honor.
The Confederate monument in Yancey County is a simple gable topped marker in the style of a large gravestone made of granite. It stands just over 6.5 feet tall on a granite foundation. It is 4.5 feet wide and faces in an east/west orientation. Inscriptions appear at the top of both sides of the marker […]
This monument is composed a large, square piece of granite. It bears a color inlay of North Carolina’s flag of 1861, ratified just after the state seceded from the Union. The inscription on the front commemorates the service of more than 1,500 Gaston County men who served as soldiers for the Confederacy. The rear of […]
The memorial is in the form of a narrow slab of granite with a gable top on a single base. Incised into the front is a Confederate soldier who is wearing a kepi military hat, bed roll over one shoulder, and holding a musket. The rear has a pair of crossed flags in color. The […]
A bronze tablet attached to a large boulder commemorates General Junius Daniels. The tablet was cast as the front elevation of a Greek revival architectural style building. In relief on the building’s pediment are several components from the Great Seal of the State of North Carolina, to include the state motto ”Esse quam videri” meaning […]
This rectangular stone marker with roughly-cut edges has inscribed on it the names of Confederate captains from Person county who lost their lives in the Civil War.
This monument was erected in 1929 by the United Daughters of the Confederacy to honor the dead Confederate soldiers from Greene County. The monument consists of a large rectangular boulder with a plaque mounted on the North side of the stone, facing away from the Greene County courthouse.
The monument consists of a rectangular granite marker which stands in front of the Jones County courthouse.
A rectangular 20 by 28 in bronze plaque set in a 5 by 6 foot boulder. Centered beneath the date on the plaque (1861 – 1865) is the seal of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.