This statue is located at the Pasquotank County Courthouse. Both the statue and pedestal are made of granite. On the south side base, the year 1861 is inscribed along with a Confederate battle flag and the year 1865. A uniformed Confederate soldier wears a knife hanging from his belt on the left side and stands at rest with a rifle on his right. His uniform is completed with a hat, canteen, and bed roll. Additional decoration includes a cannon ball on each side of the base. The soldier is six feet six inches tall and the total height is thirty feet.
The Pasquotank County Confederate Soldier monument was dedicated by the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The statue was sold by the McNeel Marble Company from Marietta, Georgia, which produced many other Confederate statues and sold them all over the South, including Macon County Confederate Monument in Franklin, Confederate Soldiers Monument in Hertford, Perquimans county, Alamance County Confederate Monument in Graham, and Confederate Monument in Durham.